Introduction to Shigejiro Banya
Mimicking a herring banya (lodgings for herring fishermen), Shigejiro Banya is a quaint accommodation where a view of the Sea of Japan spreads out by the windows offering excellent morning and evening scenery. The rooms feature both Western and Tatami (straw mat) flooring, beds and futons, a gas-stove kitchen, refrigerator, and an on-suite bath where you can enjoy a villa-by-the-beach experience.
＊Closed between 1st of December to the of March due to the winter season.
【Reservation reception hours】
April - November: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
December - March: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
|Operating period||April - November|
|check-in / check-out||Check-in: From 15:00
(please check-in by 17:00)
|Guest rooms||3 Houses
- 1 house accomodates up to 10 guests
|Facility||Each house includes bath and restroom|
|Address||Aza Tomaricho Esashi|
|Parking lot||5 vehicles|
The reservations methods have changed for 2020. Please confirm the methods outlined below.
|Number of guests for 1 house||Pricing|
|Up to 2 guests||6,600 yen|
|Up to 3 guests||8,800 yen|
|Up to 4 guests||11,000 yen|
|Above 4 guests||For each guest after the fourth guest (excluding infants), there will be an additional 2,200 yen charge.|
Starting 2020, the reservation methods for Shigejiro Banya have partly changed!
- The operating period for 2020 will be between April and November.
- All dates were previously subject to a draw, but now only the dates during the busy season are subject to a draw.
- Please see the villa Shigejiro Banya calendar for the dates subject to a draw (dates in yellow).
- Please note that for dates subject to a draw, the application period and day of the draw are fixed (the dates are listed on the calendar).
- If the dates subject to a draw are still available after the draw has taken place, the dates will be given in order of received applications. Furthermore, if guests selected during the draw cancels their reservation, priority will be given to the next guest in line.
- On regular days other than the dates that are subject to a draw, applications can be made up to 3 months in advance and will be given to guests by order of received applications (white dates on the calendar). Please note that applications for April 1 to 6 will be accepted from January 7th.
- We will be closed every Monday between January and March (Tuesdays if Monday overlaps with a holiday) and will not be able to take reservations on these days. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.