The former Nakamura Family Merchant House has 4 houses, the "main house" the "library warehouse" the "Shimono warehouse" and the "HANEDASHI". They are situated in a line on the gentle slope facing the "INISHIE roadway". In around 1887, the "main house" and the "library warehouse" were built, the "Shimono storehouse" was built later in the Edo era. The restoration of "HANEDASHI" was completed in 1981.
Uhe Ohashi who was an Omi merchant owned this building during the Meiji era, but Nakamura Yonekichi who was also an Omi merchant took it over in 1915. On 28th December, 1971, it was designated as a national important cultural asset. In 1974, the building was donated to Esashi-cho from the Nakamura family. From January in 1980 to March in 1982, it was restored.
300 yen for adults, 100 yen for primary / secondary / high school students
*for group with 15 people or more, 270 yen for adults, 90 yen for primary / secondary / high school students
Tour ticket for visiting 3 places; The Former Nakamura Family Merchant House, The Former Hiyama Nishi Subprefectual Hall (Esashi Town Museum), The Former Sekikawa Family Villa
500 yen for adults, 150 yen for primary / secondary / high school students (no group price range)
70 years or older
Visitors with a disability certificate
Open for 7 days a week between April and October
Closed on Mondays and the following day after public holidays between November and March
Closed during the New Year public holidays
「休館」 is closing day
The Former Nakamura Family Merchant House
Address: 22, Aza Nakautacho, Esashi, Hiyama, Hokkaido
Postal code: 043-8560